Monday, July 19, 2010

Ladurée Milan

Ladurée, the renowned Parisian macaron maison, opened in Milan in the spring.
I do not have a sweet tooth, as much as I love anything chocolate, that involves ice cream or pies. So I first happened in the store out of curiousity and to get a little something for a friend I knew would really appreciate the experience. On the way out I picked up a caramel with salted butter macaron for myself, a pistachio one for F and a chocolate one for M. I must admit they were a revelation, even to my husband, who was eyeing them suspiciously. They are truly sweet, chewy morsels of heaven bursting with flavor. The second time we were in the area we had a close encounter with coffee, raspberry and vanilla. Another love affair. So on Friday I decided to drop in to get a gift for some close friends we were visiting on the week end who do not live in Milan and thought I would bring along my camera to share the experience.
I snapped a few pictures of the store's windows and then went in to buy a sample box with each and every flavor in it. While it was being filled I looked around the empty (except for a couple that was sampling) shop and asked if I could take a few pictures. The sales girl curtly said "No". I explained I was not a journalist, just a girl with a food blog. I was told I would have to make an appointment. When I declined and thanked them with a smile I was told I was welcome to take more pictures of the windows.
I almost wanted to suggest they eat some of their macarons to sweeten their day. So I am sorry I cannot post a picture of these sweets in all of their colorful loveliness. You will have to go try one yourself!
Anyhow, the display is beautiful, the product delightful if overpriced and they have a vast array of beautiful gift boxes.



Flavours that are permanently available (from their website):


Chocolate - Bitter Chocolate - Vanilla - Coffee - Rose - Pistachio - Raspberry - Blackcurrant Violet - Caramel with salted butter - Red Fruits - Orange Blossom - Liquorice - Lemon

Seasonal flavours:

Coconut - Mint - Amande - Spice and soft fruits - Chesnuts - Praline - Lemon Cedrat - Fig & Date

Price per macaron (not including gift boxes of any sort): €1,60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a suggestion, opinion or your own experience. I love hearing from you.