Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whole grain couscous tabouleh style and roast duck breast

In one of my first posts I mentioned a whole grain cous cous I had just discovered and promised to let you know the outcome once I had tried it. Well, I did and I recommend it. It has a more complex, slightly nuttier flavor that will make any dish more interesting.

I made this a couple of weeks ago, at the height of the heat wave, in my quest for refreshing, refrigerated foods.

It is so simple that it really doesn't need a recipe...

1 large bunch of parsley
a half kg of ripe vine tomatoes
1 large lemon

To prepare the cous cous follow the instructions on the box. While letting it cool, chop the parsley and tomatoes and dress with the juice of a large lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix in the cous cous you will have previously separated and fluffed up with a fork and serve in lettuce leaves.

We ate this with sliced roast duck breast.

Roast duck breast

Score the duck skin with a sharp knife making sure you do not cut into the meat and then rub in some salt and pepper. Sear skin side down in a hot pan to brown the skin and then finish off in a hot oven (220°C) for another 10-15 minutes, according to how cooked you like your meat. I suggest leaving it pink inside, mine was a little overdone for my liking. Let the breast cool for 5-10 minutes and then slice thinly on the diagonal.  Arrange and serve on a platter with its juices drizzled over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a suggestion, opinion or your own experience. I love hearing from you.