Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whole grain couscous tabouleh style and roast duck breast



In one of my first posts I mentioned a whole grain cous cous I had just discovered and promised to let you know the outcome once I had tried it. Well, I did and I recommend it. It has a more complex, slightly nuttier flavor that will make any dish more interesting.

I made this a couple of weeks ago, at the height of the heat wave, in my quest for refreshing, refrigerated foods.

It is so simple that it really doesn't need a recipe...

Ingredients
1 large bunch of parsley
a half kg of ripe vine tomatoes
1 large lemon
lettuce
salt
pepper

To prepare the cous cous follow the instructions on the box. While letting it cool, chop the parsley and tomatoes and dress with the juice of a large lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix in the cous cous you will have previously separated and fluffed up with a fork and serve in lettuce leaves.


We ate this with sliced roast duck breast.


Roast duck breast

Score the duck skin with a sharp knife making sure you do not cut into the meat and then rub in some salt and pepper. Sear skin side down in a hot pan to brown the skin and then finish off in a hot oven (220°C) for another 10-15 minutes, according to how cooked you like your meat. I suggest leaving it pink inside, mine was a little overdone for my liking. Let the breast cool for 5-10 minutes and then slice thinly on the diagonal.  Arrange and serve on a platter with its juices drizzled over it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a suggestion, opinion or your own experience. I love hearing from you.